About the Job
Within the first three months of work, you will participate in the design process, prototype, implement and deploy mission critical services. You will primarily be responsible for our back-end near-real-time systems, providing REST access to our core data, as well as processing real-time data-streams for user-content delivery. As a Senior Java Engineer you will need to develop an early understanding of the product, and be willing to prototype and test ideas that will guide the product roadmap.
- Implement designs using clearly documented, structured code using relevant coding patterns, while adhering to an Agile Development methodology.
- Implement unit and integration tests, and user documentation, and NOC guidelines for all code.
- Use GIT for source control, and follow company policies on source code management.
- Solve complex problems in virtualization, computational and data grids, distributed queuing, and horizontal scalability in a high availability environment.
- Follow continuous integration principles to provide cyclical integration and test capabilities.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 5 Years of experience developing enterprise application using Core Java, JAX-RS/WS, Hibernate (or other ORM) and EJB’s (3.0+) in a distributed J2EE environment
- 1 Year of experience in distributed application development, using JMS, ICE, CORBA, XML-RPC, etc.
- Proficient with MySQL, JMS, Hibernate, XML, VoIP(SIP/RTP), *NIX OS’s, *NIX text manipulation tools(grep/awk/sed/etc), Shell Scripting, PERL/Python
- Good understanding of RESTful WS development using JAX, Restlets, or other framework
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging real-time or near-real time applications, using log-files, network packet-capture, etc.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams while building complex applications
- Proven track-record of creative/inventive problem solving, with an innovative mind-set
- Experience in SIP/VoIP application (client, server, proxy, etc.) development
- Experience in Telecommunications Systems development (real- or near-real-time)
- Experience with Reporting Systems (BIRT, Jasper, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL, BigData, and Map/Reduce in a distributed environment
- Experience using Agile development methodology
- A Bachelors Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Masters degree preferred
- Contributor to Open Source projects
Platform28 is an engineering driven company, built around the idea of Working together to Simplify, Solve and Innovate. Our focus is on delivering. We provide a carrier-grade platform for voice and messaging services, with APIs that enable developers to quickly enhance and extend the platform to meet their specific needs. Our platform is deployed as cloud solution.
Our customers include AT&T, Sprint, and the State of Georgia. We have been in business for over ten years and we are growing.